Oct 30, 2012

Ouch

My fingers are a little swollen too, but you can definitely see my knuckles aren't supposed to be that size
I think this must be what it feels like to get in a bar fight. I'm not exactly sure what I did last night, but I definitely didn't punch anything. However, when I woke up this morning, my knuckles were swollen, red, and raw and all the bones in my hand are throbbing. There is one small mark next to the first knuckle on my index finger.

From the swelling, the confusion, and all the weird dreams I had last night where I died, I'm a little worried this is a spider bite. Like, a really bad spider bite. We've got a lot of deadlies here (the scorpions seem to have disappeared over time, but those used to crawl in every so often), so it's possible that when I was moving stuff, cleaning stuff, and up in the rafters, something might have gotten me. I've never been bitten by one of the baddies before, so if this is what it feels like, it hurts like a bitch.

As for Sandy, all my friends in Harlem and Astoria still have power, and my family in Boston is hanging in there. They had a rough time with the river behind their house, but no real damage, and they're gonna be okay. So glad my old roommate left NY last month to tour. During Irene I was yanking my hair out worrying about her, and this time she was safely on this side of the Rockies. Thank God for the nomadic nature of musical theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment