Oct 14, 2010

Day 3

Today is day 3 of the 30 day letter challenge. Because of my relationship with my parents, I can't write 80 pages worth of letter for one day.

Dear Mom,
I love you dearly.

Dear Dad,
I wish you had never met my mother.

In other news, I spent the day with an old friend, and we got onto the subject of Glee. "Wasn't that risqué? With Arnie losing his virginity and the kisses between Brittany and Santana?" She sounded scandalized.

"I loved how Brittany picked him up and carried him to the bed! She is so buff!" I responded, but I was being polite. 'They didn't show anything with Brittany and Arnie, and Brittany and Santana didn't even kiss! If that seen was between a man and a woman, no one would think twice!' I wanted to scream. But I didn't. Because I can't change the world by shouting at someone.

It's just difficult to know how much my relationships are not accepted by mainstream society. Sometimes I feel defeated before the fight even begins.

1 comment:

  1. First off, I'm extremely jealous because you blog way more than I ever do, and your updates are much more interesting.

    Secondly, Brittany and Santana never did kiss and it's bullshit because Fox is so scared they'll lose support for actually having a lip to lip with two people of the same sex.

    Thirdly, fuck mainstream society. They may dictate who can or can't kiss onscreen, but they bloody well can't tell you who you can snog or not. Television corporations may own a majority of the airwaves, but their views don't necessarily control the majority of opinion. Plus, we're only given a speck of time on this planet and I know I for one won't let stupid right-wing conservatives ruin mine - I'll get the girl, I'll kiss her, and I'll love her and there's not a damn thing they can do about it. :)

    ReplyDelete